Porcelain Veneers Sarasota hide your teeth’s imperfections
so that you are happier with your smile
Porcelain Veneers Sarasota hide your teeth’s imperfections so that you are happier with your smile. They are very thin shells that are adhered onto the fronts of your teeth to permanently give you the look you want. Veneers can make your teeth look straighter, whiter, and better than ever before.
Reasons that Porcelain Veneers Sarasota May be Right for You
How do you know if veneers might be right for you? Here are some things to consider when deciding whether veneers can help your smile:
- You would like to alter your teeth permanently.
- You want to change the color of your teeth.
- Your front teeth are broken or chipped.
- Your teeth are not evenly spaced.
- Your teeth are not aligned straight.
- You’d like to improve your smile quickly.
- You don’t want to affect much of your natural teeth.
- You would like a brighter smile.
If any of these statements describe your situation, then porcelain veneers Sarasota might be a good choice for you. Of course the first thing you need to do is consult a dentist for advice. Many times, the ideal person for the job is a cosmetic dentist. This type of specialist focuses on performing procedures to help patients achieve their cosmetic smile goals. Veneers is one such treatment that has grown in popularity because it transforms smiles in just a few short appointments, and it is a painless approach.
When you visit a cosmetic dentist, you will be able to describe what bothers you about your teeth and learn if you are a good candidate for veneers. If so, the dentist will explain the simple process of having your porcelain veneers custom-made in a lab for you. Your natural teeth will undergo some minor preparation, and when your veneers are ready the dentist will securely attach them to your teeth. Then you will be set to show off your new smile!
Do’s and Don’ts of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are a fast and effective way to fix your teeth and give you a beautiful smile. When cared for properly, veneers are long-lasting and can be kept for twenty years or more. To ensure the longevity and success of your porcelain veneers, consider the following recommendations:
- Do maintain a healthy oral care regimen. Veneers do not decay and cannot get cavities, but this does not mean you should slack off with your teeth cleaning routine. Brush and floss thoroughly to avoid gum disease which can cause the gums to recede from the edge of the veneer.
- Do avoid chewing on hard objects or food. Nibbling on your pen or biting directly into an apple could cause your veneers to crack or chip.
- Do wear a protective mouth guard when playing sports to protect your veneers from impact that could lead to chips, cracks or breakage.
- Don’t eat or drink foods or beverages that are known to stain teeth. While your veneers are not susceptible to staining, the adhesive that attaches them to the front of your teeth can absorb stain.
- Don’t drink alcohol heavily or frequently, as over time it tends to dissolve the bonding material that holds the porcelain to the tooth.
- Don’t grind your teeth, as it can cause tiny breaks and cracks in the surface of your teeth and veneers. If you are aware you excessively grind or gnash your teeth, ask your dentist if you need a night guard or need to have your bite adjusted.
- Do visit your dentist regularly to have your veneers checked and polished.
Porcelain veneers can make an enormous difference to your confidence, your appearance, and your overall happiness. With the proper care, you can enjoy your veneers for many years to come.
The Care and Keeping of Porcelain Veneers Sarasota
How long porcelain veneers last depends greatly on how well you take care of them. With proper care, these restorations can continue sprucing up your smile for 10 to 15 years. To help increase the lifespan of your dental veneers, practice the following tips to keep them looking and functioning their best.
- Maintain good oral hygiene. Brush your teeth twice a day, rinse with mouthwash, and floss.
- Use a soft toothbrush and non-abrasive whitening toothpaste.
- Avoid chewing on hard objects like pens, ice, or even your fingernails. While porcelain veneers are very durable, hard items can cause them to chip.
- Refrain from excessive snacking, which can promote tooth decay. The porcelain itself is immune to tooth decay; however, the uncovered part of the tooth is still susceptible to decay and therefore to cavities.
- If you grind your teeth at night, you may want to consider having your dentist fit you for a night guard to protect your teeth while you sleep.
- Wear a protective mouth guard when playing contact sports.
- Do not smoke as it is known to yellow teeth, and avoid food and drinks that are known to stain teeth such as tea, coffee, and soda.
- Visit your dentist twice a year for cleanings and checkups. Regular visits will give your dentist an opportunity to check on your porcelain veneers and identify potential problems before they become severe.
Porcelain veneers are a wonderful cosmetic solution to a variety of dental flaws. Veneers effectively cover chips, cracks, stains, gaps, and more. Taking proper care of your dental veneers will help to ensure their beauty and function for years to come.